Ben Simmons ranked 10th among NBA's 2017/18 most popular jerseys
The NBA announced their Most Popular Jersey list today, and Australian point guard Ben Simmons made an appearance on the top 10.
Statistics were gathered from NBAStore.com sales since the start of the NBA 2017/18 season. Simmons’ jersey was ranked 4th last season in Australian online jersey sales, and 8th back in January on the most popular jersey list. Despite having dropped two places, Simmons’ popularity still puts him ahead of All-Stars like Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler.
Simmons’ 76ers are currently tied 1-1 with the Miami Heat in the first round of the NBA playoffs, with Simmons’ dominance evident in Game 1, with a 17 point, 14-assist and 9-rebound night.
The young point guard recorded 24 points, 8 assists and 9 rebounds in the Game 2 loss.
Stephen Curry’s Golden State Warriors continues to top the most popular team merchandise list for the third consecutive season, and Simmons’ Philadelphia 76ers maintain their position at third, behind the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
- Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
- Lonzo Ball, Los Angeles Lakers
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
- Jimmy Butler, Minnesota Timberwolves
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise
- Golden State Warriors
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Boston Celtics
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- New York Knicks
- Chicago Bulls
- Houston Rockets
Thank you for loving Aussie hoops! From Kein, Damian and #TeamPnR