Ben Simmons ranked 8th among NBA's most popular jerseys
Ben Simmons’ popularity continues to rise, as evidenced by his position on the All-Star voting (third among Eastern Conference guards), and as announced today, by his appearance on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey list.
The results were released by the NBA earlier today, based off NBAStore.com sales from October to December last year. Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors leads the list, with LeBron James of the Cleveland Cavaliers in second place.
Simmons ranked 8th on the list, ahead of All-Stars like Kawhi Leonard (9th), James Harden (10th) and Kyrie Irving (12th). He is one of two rookies featured on the list, together with Lakers guard Lonzo Ball (11th).
While Curry’s Warriors also led the NBA’s Top 10 Team Merchandise list, Simmons’ Philadelphia 76ers surprisingly ranked third for the first time, since the 2003-04 NBA season.
Simmons placed 4th in Australian online jersey sales last season, despite not having played a single minute due to preseason injury. The Sixers guard is having an excellent season so far, averaging 16.8 points on 51.3% shooting, 8.0 rebounds, 7.3 assists, 1.9 steals and a block.
Not only did he make the most out of what was essentially an NBA redshirt season, he is visibly improving and refining his offensive skills, since making his debut on the NBA hardwood. Simmons is well on track to an All-Star appearance, making him Australia’s first All-Star, should this happen. He’s also a prime candidate for this season’s Rookie of the Year Award.
Top 15 most popular NBA jerseys
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
- Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Lonzo Ball, Los Angeles Lakers
- Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
- Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Jimmy Butler, Minnesota Timberwolves
Top 10 most popular team merchandise
- Golden State Warriors
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Los Angeles Lakers
- New York Knicks
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Boston Celtics
- San Antonio Spurs
- Chicago Bulls
- Oklahoma City Thunder
Thank you for loving Aussie hoops! From Kein, Damian and #TeamPnR