The Emus put together a solid performance once more. They won Greece 71-52 in the 2019 FIBA U19 World Cup 9-10 classification game, stringing together their third consecutive win and ended with the 9th spot.
Team USA emerged champions, defeating Mali 93-79 in the finals for their seventh championship.
Australia shone in this game on both rebounding and defence, throttling Greece and keeping them at arm’s length throughout.
“The guys finished the tournament with a solid all-round game,” said Emus coach Darren Perry.
“The defence kept pressure on Greece all game and we continued to find open men and extra possessions on the offensive glass that helped us control the game.
“After our loss to Lithuania we had to re-group and the guys were able to band together and finish the tournament with three wins.”
- Sean MacDonald and Kyle Bowen led the team in scoring, combining for 28 points on 12 of 17 shooting.
- Australia outrebounded Greece 54-27, and collected 19 offensive boards.
- Kyle Bowen (11 rebs) and Keli Leaupepe (13 rebs) had 5 offensive boards each.
- Emus shot 7 of 12 (58%) on free throws
- Greece leading scorers: Nikos Chougkaz (12), Nikolaos Rogkavopoulos (11)
Full box score on FIBA website.