Over here at The Pick and Roll, we believe in “evolving through involving” – we evolve and grow as a platform by involving you.
As a contributor to The Pick and Roll you’ll be able to:
- Showcase your unique basketball perspective and build towards a potential career
- Grow yourself by working with our dedicated editorial team. Build your writing portfolio
- Get opportunities to build connections with athletes, leading journalists and other industry connections
- Help make The Pick and Roll not only the best site for Australian basketball
Remember: this road only goes as far as you want it to. Success only comes through hard work and determination; you have to want to work and learn to make this a rewarding journey.
Note that all positions are voluntary, and non-paid.
- Language: This applies to all contributors, even non-writers. You might not be perfect, but there shouldn’t be obvious and consistent spelling/grammatical errors. You should also know the difference on using words like “lose”/”loose”, “your”/”you’re”, “their”/”there”, “compliment”/”complement”, and why it’s handing the “reins” and not “reigns” over. A desire to improve is essential.
- Passion: You want to make a real difference to the Aussie hoops scene, and make Australian basketball great once more.
- WordPress: Experience with WordPress is optional, but highly regarded for writers.
- Commitment: This is going to be a grind. We want people who are contactable on a daily basis. We want people can commit to regular coverage of their assigned areas. Only apply if you can contribute consistently.