The National Basketball Association (NBA) and National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) today announced the most popular NBA jersey list, and Australian All-Star Ben Simmons cracks the top 10 once more.
The list results are based on NBAStore.com sales since the beginning of the 2018/19 regular season. Simmons, who made it into the 10th spot last season, rose to 9th this season.
The 2018/19 season has been a great one for Simmons. The Australian guard made his first All-Star appearance this year, was featured in the Australia/New Zealand edition of NBA 2K, and is currently leading a Philadelphia 76ers squad alongside Joel Embiid, that will make a strong push for championship contention.
Simmons’ Philadelphia 76ers have advanced past the first round after dispatching the Brooklyn Nets, and are looking ahead to the Toronto Raptors.
Earlier today, Ben Mallis confirmed with Sixers head coach Brett Brown, that Kawhi Leonard will be a key assignment for Simmons.
The Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry ranked No. 2 on the player list followed by the Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo (No. 3), who secured his highest ranking ever, the Boston Celtics’ Kyrie Irving (No. 4) and the Philadelphia 76ers’ Joel Embiid (No. 5).
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys
- LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
- Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
- Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics
- Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
- James Harden, Houston Rockets
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
- Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
- Jimmy Butler, Philadelphia 76ers
- Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
- Paul George, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
- Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Golden State Warriors
- Boston Celtics
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Chicago Bulls
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Houston Rockets
- Toronto Raptors
- New York Knicks